Tumblr is one of those social media platforms that everybody has heard of, but few understand anything about.
While many may not know precisely what it is, Tumblr is among the most popular blogging platforms. You must check out the platform if you haven’t heard of it before.
Relating to individual branding, Tumblr uses some distinct advantages to bloggers and companies alike.
For instance, the platform can assist showcase their creativity or construct an audience through quality material and personalization alternatives.
In this post, we’ll discuss what Tumblr is and have a look at the top features and benefits of using Tumblr, from composing tutorials to producing podcasts.
What Is Tumblr?
Tumblr is a microblogging platform for sharing images, music, video, links, quotes, GIFs, text, and other multimedia. The website likewise has a “Reactions” feature, which allows users to reveal their sensations about something published on the site.
Unlike other platforms, Tumblr profiles are extremely adjustable. Brand names can tailor their theme, design, colors, fonts, and more. Users can likewise follow each other’s updates and create customized RSS feeds based on their interests.
Developing an account on Tumblr is free and easy to set up. All posts on Tumblr are public, and all users have the choice to follow you. There are no personal profile choices like on Buy Instagram Verified and Buy Facebook Verified.
Users can develop different widgets for their profiles.
Tumblr has become more popular with its totally free mobile app, abundant API, customized style tools, and lively community.
50 Tumblr Facts And Statistics
- Tumblr started in 2007 as a blogging platform that enabled users to share pictures, videos, text posts, and more.
- The service got popularity after being gotten by Yahoo! in 2013 for $1.1 billion.
- From 2017 to 2019, Oath took control of ownership of the platform before being bought by Verizon Media.
- In 2019, ownership moved once again to Automattic, a moms and dad business of WordPress that retains ownership today.
- Tumblr is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
- There are 2,437 staff members at Tumblr.
- Out of their employees, 57% are females.
- Most workers who operate at Tumblr stick with the company for approximately 5.3 years.
- Over 556 million blog sites are hosted on Tumblr.
- Lots of celebs and influencers post on Tumblr, however the platform does not utilize the same blue check verified symbol you see on Buy Instagram Verified and Buy Twitter Verified.
- The annual income for Tumblr is in between $75-100 million.
- Tumblr has hundreds of partners and thousands of commissioned artwork.
- There are over 171 billion posts on Tumblr today.
- People can publish on Tumblr in 18 different languages.
- Although they have actually been around for a while, 61% of brand-new Tumblr users are Gen Z, and 48% of their active users are Gen Z.
- Tumblr is the third most popular blogging platform in the U.S., Canada, and the U.K.
- And the third most popular blogging platform on the internet entirely.
- 45.94% of the traffic on Tumblr comes from the U.S.
- For those new to Tumblr, they provide a guide on how to start posting.
- The trending topics on Tumblr are diverse, much like any other site, from Legend of Zelda to U.K. politics.
- Regarding interest classifications, many people go over video games, consoles, and devices. They also discuss computers, electronic devices, news, and topics relating to universities.
- Some of Tumblr’s leading competitors consist of Buy Twitter Verified, Pinterest, and Buy Instagram Verified.
- There are numerous advertisement chances on Tumblr, consisting of native advertisement experiences and custom-made opportunities.
- Tumblr is an independently owned business.
- In a recent study, 70% of users stated that they were pleased by the functionality of Tumblr. The top two rankings above this were Pinterest and Buy YouTube Subscribers, with a 76% customer fulfillment ranking.
- Tumblr has 135 million month-to-month active users.
- Earlier this year, there was an uptick in visitations to Tumblr, with 291.7 million sees in Might.
- Tumblr prides itself on being an inclusive area for everybody to share its views stating, “Tumblr is whatever you want it to be.”
- On top of the ability to post day-to-day blogs, Tumblr likewise provides a liveblog function so users can blog as occasions or things happen in real-time.
- Most people (69%) use Tumblr on their mobile phones, and 31% use the platform on the web.
- In a recent study, when social media networks were ranked by brand name awareness in the U.S., 58% of individuals recognized the platform.
- The top quantity of users checking out the web is U.S.-based at 46.37%.
- This is followed by the UK and Canada users on the web at 5.94% and 5.07%, respectively.
- Australia follows this at 3.2% and after that Germany at 3.1%.
- In 2018, Tumblr banned adult material on its platform, a polarizing relocation.
- Mashable suggests that “Fandom’s homeland is Tumblr.”
- And The Verge specifies that “The things that happen on Tumblr are entirely distinct to any other social platform.”
- There are around 9.7 million daily posts on Tumblr.
- The demographics for leading Tumblr users break down to 33.04% from ages 18-25, 31.44% from 25-34, and 16.10% in between 35-44 years old.
- Of these users, 41.41% identify as female, and 58.59% recognize as male.
- Tumble has a bounce rate of 42.67%.
- Like other platforms like Buy Facebook Verified, users can like and repost material.
- You can develop customized HTML styles on Tumblr.
- There is also a Mass Post Editor function on Tumblr, enabling users to edit or erase several posts all at once.
- Users can quickly add inline images from the web to their posts by pasting the image’s URL into the post.
- Tumblr also has keyboard faster way alternatives which make it simpler to develop posts.
- A few of Tumblr’s leading competitors include Ghost, Hexo, and Medium.
- There are over 2,000 posts developed every second on Tumblr.
- Relating to traffic leading back to Tumblr, 28.48% of that traffic comes from Buy Twitter Verified, and 20.25% comes from Buy YouTube Subscribers.
- On average, users check out 6.47 pages when they utilize the platform.
Tumblr is an online community where anybody can develop compelling and special content.
As you can see, it is likewise extremely customizable, permitting users and brands to produce their perfect profiles. It’s likewise a terrific space to discover and cultivate brand-new audiences.
There are nearly endless possibilities with the platform, and it deserves taking a look at to see if it’s right for your brand name.
If you’re seeking to incorporate more blogging alternatives and are considering including Tumblr, have a look at this post.
Featured Image: Lenka Horavova/Best SMM Panel